Tuesday, June 14

a Walmart cookie?

Wal*mart is evil. I'm sure of it.

The trial period on my anti-virus software ran out, so I had to update it.

I opted not to automatically accept cookies, although I'm wondering now if somebody *ahem* reset this because I'm not seeing any cookie requests since I've been on tonight.

Anyway, as I was surfing last night, I was notified that walma*rt.com wanted to send me a cookie. And I wasn't on any site that had a wal*mart ad or anything remotely like that.

Maybe it was because I was on the Sam's Club website a couple of weeks ago? I don't know.

Doesn't it kind of wig you out, though? It's bad enough that Microsoft appears to be monitoring every little thing we do on our computers. It wouldn't surprise me if Bill Gates and W*almart were in cahoots to take over the world. It's like Big Brother from 1984.

It bothers me that companies or whomever can monitor where I'm going and what I'm doing on my computer without me really being aware of what kind of info is being communicated and to whom.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Christi said...

I thought you meant the free cookies at Wal-Mart, that are never there, and that are conveniently right next to the donuts. Now that's evil, for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home