Friday, June 3

Cooperation.


Ta-da.
Originally uploaded by Suze3000.
I've been trying to get Daniel to play with blocks for several months now, mostly because I like building stuff with blocks. He really hasn't been interested, but I noticed him watching one of his little buddies building a block tower yesterday. I pulled them out today and said that we could build a tower together. I've also been trying to introduce the oh-so-foreign concepts of "sharing" and "taking turns." He's mostly been interested in the concepts of "mine" and "no."

But anyway, taking turns (sort of), we built this tower. I was thrilled because maybe he's into building stuff now and because it's the first thing that we've kind of done together. Pretty cool.

Of course, he then went and knocked it down. But that's OK.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Christi said...

How old is he again? My son is about 2 1/2. He would put a few blocks together here and there, then knock them over, when he was just two. Now, we have to build a new house everyday with his Mega-Bloks. Tonight I had to fight to get him to go to bed b/c he wanted to build a big-ol' big-ol' house first! What's the most fun is now he has little people, and after we build the house we get to play with the people and they go outside and see the alligators and turtles, and drive the cars and tractors! You'll be doing that soon enough!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Frances said...

My son loves to knock his block towers down. He refuses to leave them standing. And I can't feel too mad at him, as I made him this way! i.e. when he was first learning to make block towers, he freaked out whenever they'd fall over and he'd cry a lot, so I made it into a game. So he now thinks the whole point of making the towers is to knock them over!

I'm hoping he'll get over this soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home