Wednesday, February 16

I need to get a better outlet for my anger, seriously

I wish I knew a better way to deal with my temper or had a shorter fuse or something. I wish I was more of a crier than a yeller. Yelling and throwing stuff just doesn't cut it. At the same time I'm yelling or throwing stuff, I know Daniel's taking it in and he's going to being in therapy years later either because he has intimacy problems with women or has his own anger management issues. Sigh.

Maybe more ranting will help:

I'm sick of having toys and crap strewn all over the floor for me to step on.

I'm sick of reading truck books instead of these nice colorful, sweet stories I get from the library.

I'm tired of holding and walking around with a baby who insists on throwing his head all around and trying to propel himself out of my arms.

I'm sick of trying to do stuff with a toddler while the baby is trying to squirm out of my arms.

I'm sick of trying to play with or read to a toddler when the baby isn't settling down.

I'm sick of Daniel taking all his magnetic letters off the fridge and leaving them on the floor or dropping over the gate.

I'm sick of trying to shield the baby from large books about trucks when Daniel climbs up.

I'm tired of losing my patience with Daniel when he just wants to climb up and read a truck book and sit by Mommy.

I'm tired of Daniel having snot smeared all over his face and screaming when I try to wipe his nose.

I'm sick of listening to the stupid "Wee Sing" CD.

I'm sick of turning on the TV for Daniel when I need a break. We've got three episodes of every toddler show on TV on the DVR.

I'm sick of Daniel not playing on his own like he used to, but restlessly wandering around.

I'm sick of not getting enough sleep.

I'm sick of having to feed myself all the damn time so that I get enough calories to feed the little one.

I'm sick of nursing the little one.

I'm sick of the house being a mess.

I'm sick of trying to figure out what a toddler is talking about when he pitches a fit and just keeps saying "want it!"

I'm sick of these stupid child-proof gates.

I'm sick of the toddler dropping stuff on the kitchen floor and walking away.

I'm tired of the toddler trying to bang on the computer keyboard.

I'm tired of the toddler trying to take my glass of water.

But he's such a sweet kid.

6 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Kimberlee said...

((bear hug)) You need a major break, Suze. But you already knew that, huh. Can the mister help you get out when he gets home? Maybe just go to a bookstore and plop down to look at pretty books all by yourself.

I wish I lived close by. I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you out.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger suze said...

Aww, thanks Kimberlee. I DO need a break. DH is very helpful, if I can just. make. it. a. little. longer. A bookstore is a good idea -- do they usually have cocktails there, 'cause that would be nice.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kimberlee said...

If they had drinks at the bookstore, I'd never leave! But if you have a Borders or B&N nearby, you can get a decadent dessert. ;) Hang in there!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Lots of hugs. There are days I feel like my permagrin is going to crack with just one super-duper-fussy bub and a completely clueless DH - I don't know what would happen if I threw a toddler into the mix. I have serious anger issues, too; too bad we can't split a therapist :-/

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I feel for you honey, it's TOUGH-TOUGH-TOUGH. Next time I'm in the area, I'll take you out and get you smashed, how about that?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger suze said...

sounds good, Jana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home