Monday, February 14

anybody see the Grammy's?

Here are my observations (apologies to those who've seen this already):

1. Everytime Queen Latifah is announcing something, I think she's gonna tell us to "gather 'round the good stuff." (Pizza Hut commercials). As an aside, I don't think it was the best career choice to do Pizza Hut commercials at the same time you have released a jazz album and want to be taken seriously. Just my

2. That tsunami relief song . . . hmmmm.. . . . didn't really rush to the computer to purchase it. How about you? I think Steven Tyler hit his notes the best of them all.

3. What was up with the J.Lo/Marc Antony number?

4. I like Kanye West and all, but I'm not sure what all the hype is.

5. Bizarre pairing for the evening: Jack from the White Stripes and Loretta Lynn.

6. Who knew Melissa Etheridge has breast cancer?!

7. John Mayer is yummy, as usual.

8. Note to Black Eyed Peas: vigorous running and jumping doesn't hide the fact that you don't sound very good live. I used to like them, too.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Kimberlee said...

Yeah, can't take her seriously after all the Pizza Hut commercials. What are her PR people thinking? Makeup and glamour, yes - pizza, nooo!

I missed it, but I didn't think that there was anything there to grab me this year. Except maybe John Mayer. *drool*

Wonder what the Lynn/White collaboration sounds like:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1848263

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lynn/White collaboration is called "Van Lear Rose" and Jack White produced it - he's got a duet on one of the songs on the album, but is mostly absent from the music. I have it on my ipod & I think it's a great album. "Have Mercy on Me Baby" is the only song on the album (I think) that sounds much like the White Stripes, in the drums/bass.

Oh yeah - hi Suze! Hope Daniel's feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home