Thursday, February 10

coming soon to a small city or town near you . . .

the Bush Social Security infomercial. No kidding. The Pres was in Raleigh today touting his new Social Security plan. I watched some of his "town hall" meeting on TV. They had specially-picked people to ask questions -- you could all but hear them reading what they were given to say. "Gee, Mr. President, I'm a small business owner and I don't want any extra regulation." "Gee, Mr. President, I'm a senior citizen and I'm afraid you're going to take my social security away." "Gee, Mr. President, I'm a baby boomer. What's my social security benefit going to look like?" And of course, the good ole Pres has reassuring answers for everyone! He says that we must "fix this problem" and that now is the time to put all ideas on the table. Hint, hint, Democrats -- see me, I'm reachin' out! Yet in his next breath, he's telling all about the specifics of his plan. Do you really think all ideas will be welcomed or any, in fact, that aren't harmonious with his own? Uhh, let me think. . . NO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home