Thursday, June 16

Note to self: don't give cough suppressant to the toddler if we want him to sleep.

The mini bub-bub is on the mend, thank goodness, after a nice trip to the kind pediatrician yesterday afternoon, a script for some nose-clearing stuff and another script for an antibiotic in case the fever didn't go away. One ear was still pink, but didn't look too bad. It seems there's some virus going around. He's mostly fever free today.

I keep thinking Daniel is coming down with it, as well. He's had a runny nose and when he lays down to sleep, he coughs and coughs, but he hasn't had the fever. This afternoon, he couldn't get to sleep for his nap, so I gave him some cough suppressant, the dextra-- one. Yeah, that one. Well, guess what? He didn't sleep. at all. Not because of the coughing though - the coughing went away, but Daniel was replaced by Cornholio (not sure I spelled that right, so don't hate me.)

We did all sorts of fun things this afternoon. We looked at cars and trucks and trucks and cars and cars and trucks and trucks and cars on the internet. We ran around the backyard naked (not me, just him -- wouldn't want to scare anyone.) We ran around in the Elmo sprinkler and then got totally doused when mom decided to clean off the dirty spider, cobwebs off the windows on the back of the house. Then, we dried off and went out front and pulled the wagon around, played with the dried grass clippings left on the lawnmower and other fun stuff. He was bouncing off the walls. But at least, he was in a good mood.

He peed twice in the backyard, sans diaper. The first time, I had my back to him and I heard him start saying, "Oh no! Penis!" Then, he said some more jibber jabber, the only part of which I could understand was something about, "Penis." Very funny. In case you are wondering, I'm hoping that letting him run around the backyard naked this summer is going to be my fail-safe potty-training method. Either that are the fastest way to get a nasty case of poison ivy. Eek.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Suze...and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks and trucks ...

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Christi said...

My friend Julia (http://juliapadg.blogspot.com/) let her kids both run around naked, and she said that's what nailed it for them getting potty trained. She did just what you're doing, so my guess is that it will work out well for you. We don't have a yard, though...think anyone at the playground will mind my toddler running around naked?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home