Monday, January 24

*whine* tantrums all around

this business of taking care of two kids is hard. Last week, I was home for a couple of days for the first time without any help. I thought I did pretty well. But by the weekend, I was at the end of my rope. Yes, I remembered a lot from when Daniel was a baby and if I were just taking care of a baby right now, it would be a breeze. Well, sort of. But I've also got a toddler who's quickly approaching the terrible twos and who's life has been turned upside down because he no longer has my undivided attention, and as DH remarked, one plus one equals more than two when it comes to taking care of the little guys. And the bad thing is, if I don't eat, I'm not a very nice person, but feeding myself is usually the thing that falls through the cracks most easily. Plus, I've gotta eat to keep the mini-boobula well-fed.

And getting us out the door in the morning for one of Daniel's playgroups is a near impossible feat. DH went in late to work this morning so that he could help me get ready for one of Daniel's playgroups. Ahh, it's just a playgroup, you say. It wouldn't be that bad to miss it right now. But you would be mistaken. We've missed too many and Daniel gets restless and then increasingly tantrum-prone when he doesn't get to see his buddies or leave the house for that matter. It's a good thing to keep the toddler happy and doing what's he used to doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home