Thursday, January 6

baby blues

I'm feeling kind of let down after all the excitement of the Andrew's birth and the holidays. I'm sad about each day that ticks by, thinking that this may be our last time with a newborn. I want to savor every minute. It's such a precious time and I'm enjoying getting to know Andrew very much. He's an angel and has already surpassed his birth weight. He actually turned over today from his stomach to his back, twice. I'm not ready for life to return to the norm. DH went into work today for a while to work on something that's due tomorrow. Life goes on, but I'm not ready for it to. I want to live in this post-baby haze just a little while longer.

I made it from 8:00 a.m. to almost 4:00 p.m. without any ibuprofen. I don't need to park my butt on the boppy to sit down. The post-baby flow is subsiding. Don't get me wrong. I'm very glad about these things and think I just expected another long recovery like last time. But it also means that I'm that much farther away from being pregnant, from feeling the little guy moving around inside, from the excitement and anticipation of welcoming a new life into the world.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jana said...

I so know how you feel, just 21 months later. At least you have the gift of being able to see it and realize this moment is fleeting while you are in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home