Tuesday, January 4

Highlights from a week with the 'rents

(my apologies to MTers who have read most of these already. . .)

I wish that she would stop turning the TV down during commercials. What's the point?! We don't have conversation usually. Why would we be trying to work it in in those precious three minutes anyway? Grrr.

Why would you go to someone's house and one of the first things that you do is to turn off the icemaker, so that they run out of ice a week later? Even when they've asked you not to do that EVERY TIME that you come. Grrr. . .

Why do you constantly refer to the cat as a "he" when it's not and we keep reminding you that it's not.

Why do you say "Did he bite you?" when I'm nursing and say "ouch" (it was b/c the cat swatted me).

Why do you scowl at the casserole that was so graciously brought to us and that you didn't have to cook, complain that it has too much x in it, comment that we didn't get dessert with this meal and that corn bread would have been good with it?

Why do you continue to tell the cat not to do stuff and then wonder why "he's" not listening?

Why do you tell my 21 month old, your grandson, to "stop fussing. There's nothing wrong with you."?

Why do you blatantly ignore me when I say, he probably wants lunch, give him cheerios instead because you think 11:15 is too early for his lunch?

Why do you tell me that "it's like talking to a brick wall" when I ask the toddler to do something that we all know he won't do at that very moment, but will eventually learn to do?

Do you really expect a toddler to do what you say immediately when you ask it or not to fuss and whine about things?

Why do you hop up to turn a light off that I've turned on as soon as I leave the room?

Why do you see the French dressing in our fridge and say "who eats that?" and suggest throwing it out?

Why do you give your husband a hard time about his weight when he's lost a bunch of pounds, going to the gym everyday and exercises more than you ever have in your whole life?

Why do you have to comment on how everybody looks? "Oh, he's a beaut." "Ugh, look at those teeth." As if you are the picture of beauty.



1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope, for your well-being, that've already left or are in the process of leaving very soon. {{hugs}}

Kimberlee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home