Sunday, July 17

What I read on vacation.

I know that you are dying to know. . .

Did I finish any of those books on my vacation?

Hah.

I read about 10 pages of a book called Rockville Pike that I had started the week before we left.

That's it.

The upside is though that I still have a stack of good books to read. I'm not sure when. But sometime. Like when the boys leave home or something.

A lot of times when I'm sitting in church, I'm thinking about the things I need to get done. Yes, I know. I'm supposed to be paying attention to the sermon and I do mostly, but the sermons aren't always the most compelling. I was thinking today how I'd like to have a much better working knowledge of the Bible. I think about that a lot at church. I should know more than I do. And then I was thinking about all those books I took with me on vacation to read, but didn't touch. I want so badly to devour them and other things, too, but am limited by time for one thing. But also by the rate at which my brain can assimilate things. It's so frustrating because there's so much to learn and read, but my brain can only handle so much at one time, so it's not like I can pack my brain every spare second. It just doesn't work like that. At least not anymore. I think I assimilated information much faster when I was younger. Hah. What a revelation. People don't learn as easily when they get old? You're kidding!

And one day when I do have more free time to sit and read, I'll probably be sitting on my ass, sipping a margarita, maybe at the beach, thinking about all those things I should be reading or doing.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Christi said...

Oh wow, I totally agree with you! I dream of being able to read books now. It's so sad that my reading has become parenting magazine reading moments, while in the bathroom! That's about the only time I can get away for a minute...

I was thinking about all the stuff I could do just a few years ago the other day, that I can't really handle anymore. I remember when I used to babysit, running around with the kids was nothing to me. Now, I ran around the house the other day w/my toddler, and I almost died after about two minutes! I still have mommy brain right now, but I definitely can't learn or keep as much as I used to!

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I used to sit in yoga, during meditation, and write the next day's to do list in my head . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home