Wednesday, July 27

I'm just saying . . .

We went to Play*space today which is billed as a child's "first museum." Really, it's more like a huge room with a bunch of different themed-play areas. If you go before 10:30 a.m., it's OK, but after that it's bedlam. Still, we had fun. It's one place where I can just let Daniel run around without too much redirection or worry that he'll get into something that he shouldn't.

We'll, there a dress-up/drama play area that has bunches of clothes and shoes and costumes for the kids to put on and also a small stage area with big velvet curtains. Daniel, in his first lap around the place this morning, ran through this area and onto the stage. He ran into the middle of the stage and said, "Ta-da!" Where do they get this stuff?! I was dying laughing.

Anyway, after a while, I noticed this one kid, probably 6 or 7 who was hanging out around the train table. What was unusual about him was that he was wearing a bright purple kid-sized princess-type ball gown. Clearly, he had donned this in the dress-up/drama area, but here he was at the train table playing oblivious to the fact that he was wearing this dress. Did he pick this out and put it on? Did somebody tell him to put it on as a joke? I don't know. Not that I see anything wrong with kids trying on whatever they want, but it was just such an interesting choice. Did it remind him of something that his mom wore?

But I do know that several minutes later when I saw him again, he was still wearing said gown and I noticed that he was wearing some beautiful Cinderalla-style slippers with it, too.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Christi said...

My husband would die if our son did that! That's why I would encourage him to wear it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home