Wednesday, March 16

And on the birthday party front.

Daniel's 2nd birthday party is on Saturday. I'm so wound up about it. We were invited to one of his friend's 2nd b-day party which was last week. I was gonna check out all the little details of throwing a party for 2 year olds. What works. What doesn't. But alas, Daniel was sick, so we couldn't make it. So I'm flying blind on the whole 2 year old birthday party thing. (Don't you like how I can turn anything into a huge production. Heh.)

It looks like we'll have 8 kids, including Daniel, not including baby siblings and parents. I'll have snacks for the adults and maybe some adult beverages as well. We'll have some snacks for the kids, too, plus birthday cake and ice cream. Not sure what I'll do for drinks for them. Probably juice boxes.

I was going to make a fire truck cake, but I bagged that idea. It just seemed like too much this time around. I've ordered a firetruck cake from Harris Teeter.

I think it's going to be cold here, so it will be an inside affair. I'm not sure that I'm going to plan any activities. 2 year olds and organized activities don't really go together. We'll have toys around to play with and maybe a table with some crafty stuff for those who are so inclined -- firetrucks to color, stickers, maybe foamies with glue.

Decorations -- lots of balloons. A Happy Birthday sign. That's probably about it.

Sound good?

:)

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Kimberlee said...

The only advice I can offer is keep it short, especially if all they're going to be doing is running around inside the house. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home