Sunday, December 19

props to our doula

so during my little false start yesterday, I checked in with my doula just to give her the heads up. She's been so great. She called back last night and then checked in on us today. She said that sometimes prolonged early labor or these false starts happen because the baby isn't in quite the right place yet. So I've been doing my pelvic rocks and cat stretches, etc. Plus, I'll make a trip to the chiropractor tomorrow. Apparently, he works with pregnant women a lot and helps realign their pelvis to give the baby the most room to get through. Anyway, worth a shot.

But back to the doula -- it's really nice to have somebody checking in that can give a little advice, offer emotional support and just be a sounding board.

Unlike my mom who's so excited she could pop. Plus, she's dying to know the name which we still won't disclose at least to them until the baby is born and we can quickly put a stop to any kind of negotiation that she might try to enter into. heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home