Friday, December 17

a morning at home without the toddler

Daniel goes to a Parents Morning Out program on Friday mornings. Usually, I use that time to run errands and buy stuff, etc. Today, I decided to just stay home. Being able to stay home and do whatever I want and whenever I want, I realized, is actually a much rarer event that being able to go out shopping on my own. I'm really enjoying watching the morning shows that I used to watch -- some Dr. Phil, some Ellen, some The View and whatever else -- doing some knitting since there's not toddler around who's trying to impale himself on the needles, and being able to type uninterruptedly on the computer. I've also been wrapping X-mas presents. What a nice morning. Of course, there's still the cat who likes to try to grab the yarn as I'm knitting, pounces on the gift wrapping paper and ribbon and tries to eat it (hopefully, the little puncture marks in the wrapping paper just lend it more character), and keeps trying to claw her way into my lap when I'm on the computer -- hence all the tiny puncture marks in my legs. Hmmm, maybe I should have spent the morning clipping her nails instead. :)

We almost didn't send Daniel to PMO this morning. He's had an upset stomach for several days now and has a raw bum which makes him cranky, plus his face is really chapped, and I think his nose is starting to run. But other than those things, he seemed to be feeling OK. Heh. I don't know -- maybe we should have kept him at home. Am I one of those moms who drops her kids off at preschool with 102 degree fever to see if she can at least get a little time. Hmmm. I don't know. Well, I wouldn't drop him off if he was running a fever -- that's for sure. I don't think he is contagious with anything. He needs to get out as much as I need him to get out and we've been home for the last two days straight b/c I'm too tired and sore and shuttle him around. Plus, Jim won't be coming home until late tonight because he's taking his lab out for dinner and bowling, so no break for Suze until bedtime. No break from the cranky, drooling, butt-chapped, car-obsessed toddler. . . Yeah, I think it was OK to send him. Heh.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. It was okay to send him. ;) There must be plenty of kids running around chapped at both ends. Heh.

Kimberlee

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you need a break, so what the heck. If he's had his runny nose and cold for more than 24 hours, then it shouldn't be contagious. I hope you get the deserved break.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that was me susie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home