Wednesday, December 1

frustration

One of the most frustrating things about being a mom is the not being able to get things done that I need/want to get done, when I want/need to do them. I have a small, but very demanding little boss and he's much less flexible than any other boss I've had before. We have a broken window and got the wrong size glass from the glass company. It seems easy enough to just run over to the glass company and get the correct size, right? No. This entails getting the toddler ready and into the car with appropriate snacks, toys, a diaper change maybe which involves chasing him around the house to catching him and then lots of wresting. Getting the glass piece safely into the car and secured. Driving over to the place -- the easy part. Getting toddler out of the car. Putting toddler into the stroller or deciding to brave some hand-holding or just carrying him. (Did I mention that I'm almost 9 months pregnant?) Going inside and telling them I need to exchange the glass. Meanwhile the toddler is trying to run away and stick his fingers in the sockets in the store or screeching to get out of his stroller or otherwise making this transaction difficult, maybe by saying "truck! truck! truck! truck!" over and over again, very LOUDLY. Hopefully then, some nice person will retrieve the piece of glass for me from inside the car so that I don't have to figure out how to manage the toddler and the glass or just leave the toddler in the store, hoping he won't melt down while I'm outside. Sometimes I think my DH wonders what I'm complaining about -- what's the problem, just go do it. But then, I don't see him hurrying to take the toddler on his errands with him over the weekend. What's that about? Surely, he can pick up the pizza with the toddler in tow. Right? Or "run" to the hardware store?

Anyway, sometimes it's enough to make a person throw the TV remote down and then watch as it bounces up and into a window, breaking the glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home