Sunday, July 25

pregnancy update

Welcome, to my new location. Still getting it set up like I want it.

We'll I'm almost 17 weeks into pregnancy no. 2. We had the ultrasound last week and found out that we are having a boy! We're pretty excited. My mother said, "Well, how 'bout them apples?" which I think is a good thing. We are pretty excited! My only disappointment is that I don't get to paint the baby's room lavendar and have white eyelet curtains. I mean, technically I could paint it whatever color I want, but we figure that just wouldn't be right. He'd probably get mocked mercilessly by Daniel and whoever else found out about his lavendar bedroom. Oh well.

I'm not sure I'd be very good at raising a girl anyway -- I think we would be destined to not get along. Girls are too complicated, and I can say that because I am one and have been in therapy for how long? trying to figure out my mom.

The other news is that I am switching my prenatal care to the midwifery practice that is affiliated with the hospital. Since I'm leaning towards a VBAC, I think this is the better option. Patience & vigilance -- that's what they specialize in. And the docs will be right there if we need them. I've interviewed a doula as well. She seems OK, but she looks like she's about 20, which she's not because she has 3 kids, one of whom is 10. She's tiny, too and very sweet. I'm like, is she gonna be able to handle a bitchy laboring woman? But she's attended at least 30-40 births, so I suspect she's probably seen it all. She was recommended by the head of the midwifery clinic, so she's seen even more.

I liked my doctor, but there was no guarantee that he would be on call when I went into labor. Besides, he would be the attending and we'd mostly likely have a resident, a first-year-resident, doing most of the care. And that's a total crapshoot. We used the crapshoot option last time and that didn't work very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home