Sunday, March 27

Were you cool in high school?

Cheers, everyone. Not much to report. Hope everyone had a good Easter. It's been cold and damp here this weekend, so not too much outside fun to be had. Spent yesterday afternoon watching the Coolest Years on VH1. The thing is, I don't think I have ever had any cool years, much less in high school. J considered himself in the "hippie" crowd. He went to a Grateful Dead show. He had a couple tie-dyes. And partook of some extracurricular activities. I was pretty much in the geek crowd in high school. We were the ones who enjoyed a good trip to Denny's at 11:30 at night. If I aspired to be in any crowd, it was the cool, artsy-fartsy one. I have to say that I kind of liked high school, at least the last couple of years. I liked those years more than college.

For college, I went to a small, prestigious liberal arts college. I got a great education, but man, what a bunch of snotty rich kids. Plus, everybody was smart there, so I didn't have the "geek" thing going for me too much anymore. I tried to go the artsy route there -- I majored in art history. Ask me how much I remember of it now. Not a strong history student. Period. And my grades reflected that. Not sure where I'm going with this. But that was a little more about me. :D

We substituted for somebody in the church nursery this morning, so we didn't get to go into the worship service, which was kind of disappointing. Nothing like capping off a week of wiping butts and noses to wiping other peoples' kids' butt and noses. It would have been nice if more than one out of the four paid staff people had shown up.

Anyway, good news on the "Suze needs a break" front. I put an ad in a local college paper for a babysitter and have a couple of people coming over for interviews this week. Yay! Maybe I can catch up on doctor and dentist appointments. I haven't been to the dentist in a long, long, time. We finally have dental insurance and I really, really need to go. I'm afraid that I have a bazillion cavities, though.

We did, however, have a delicious lamb dinner with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home