Monday, May 2

My bad.

OK, I realized later on that I probably shouldn't have made the comment about how easy it is with one child. Many of you have only one child and I'm sure don't find it so easy. I know I didn't. But yet, we went ahead and added another one anyway. Silly us. We won't give him back though. He's the sweetest, smiliest, squishiest baby ever. And he has his 4-month check-up tomorrow. I can't remember if he'll get shots or not, but I'm hoping not. Once again, everybody in my house is sick, but me. D spiked a fever last week and then developed a nasty cough which I now think might be allergy-related. Baby A seems to have the cold, too, with some sneezing & sniffling. J is feeling like crap today and went to bed at 10:30 which hardly ever happens. Not to mention that he got tons of sleep this past weekend. "Tons" meaning sleeping in until 8:30 a.m. and catching a long nap with the baby. So, Baby A will get checked out tomorrow along with the Toddler.

Anyway, so as I was saying, even just having one child is not an easy task. And I never meant to imply that. Of course, last night, the same night that I was writing about my bout with post*partum*depression, I left a comment on someone's blog in response to her worries about the impending birth of her 2nd child. She also has a two-year-old and is feeling guilty about not giving the 2-year-old as much attention as she used because she's so far along in her pregnancy. If she clicked on my blog, I'm sure it wasn't much consolation that I'm giving her encouragement at the same time I'm talking about ppd. Heh. Oh well. I meant well.

Now, about that not wanting to give the baby back. . . that still stands. We might be willing to give up the two-year-old though.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Christi said...

I tell myself that, too. It shouldn't be this hard with just one kid. I think it is for me b/c I was just thrust into it (I got fired two months before I planned to quit my job, and didn't have time to plan my whole transition into full-time motherhood). Up until then, I pretty much only had my son during the weekends, and I didn't realize how much attention he needs and expects (his grandma spoiled him rotten!). I think it would be easier if I wasn't having such a hard pregnancy, too. This baby is making it almost impossible to walk most days, and sleeping doesn't happen too much anymore. I kinda felt like after I posted that, I was just whining or something. I definitely think that once I have two it will be ten times harder, but I wouldn't give it up for the world!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Christi said...

Oh, and I'm quite sure that once the second child is here, the bouts with the first will look like nothing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home