Sunday, April 17

parenting dilemnas

So, all of those with a y-chromosome around here have colds. Including the bambino. Of course, he's still smiling. Yesterday afternoon, a cousin of J's dad and the cousin's wife came by to visit. We hadn't seen them since J's dad's funeral back in 1993. They wanted to check out the offspring. When they got here, Daniel thought they were Granny and Pop-pop I think and got excited and started bringing them lots of books to read. Although they wanted to talk to him, I don't think they were very excited about having a 2-year-old with a runny nose climbing on them. And after a few minutes, he realized that we weren't totally paying attention to him, so he started throwing his books and cars around. I never know what I should be doing when he does that when people are over. If it were just us, we ignore him mostly when he's throwing stuff as long as he's not endangering anything or anyone. But when other people are around, it's different. I don't want them to think that we let him go wild or whatever. And then with the runny nose, what do you do? I can't keep him from going around them. If I tried, he'd pitch a fit. We wipe his nose as often as we can, but he screams bloody murder when we do that, which isn't pleasant either.

1 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi suze.

Interesting blog! I found it while I was in the search engines looking for the latest info on parenting books . parenting dilemnas caught my attention, and although it was not quite what I was seaching for, I am glad I read it! It's good that you are helping the community to grow by posting your thoughts and ideas. Just thought I would let you know. Wish you a nice day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home