Saturday, March 5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. PIGGGGGGIES.

Daniel's going to be 2 tomorrow. I can't believe it. I was so emotional last year for his first birthday -- less so this year. I'm more into making it fun for him. I'm totally obsessed with planning his party. He'll get to open presents from us and the family tomorrow, and I think we'll get some cupcakes from the grocery store to celebrate. We'll have his actual party in a couple of weeks. We're having a fire truck theme. If it's warm enough, we'll probably play outside in the back yard for the party. I'm making a firetruck cake. Wish me luck -- I've never really iced a cake like this before.

I'm really tired so I apologize if this is a bit disjointed and kind of aimless, but I wanted to write something since I haven't put anything up on the blog for a few days. I was reading something about blogetiquette lately that has made me even more self-conscious about writing. Oh well. Read if you want. I have an (almost) two year old and a two month and I'm not getting lots of sleep. I'm tired and cranky, so I'm sure the blog material is not at its best.

Inspired by an entry in another blog I read, I was thinking about some of the cute things that Daniel says that will change. We eat a lot of grilled sandwiches off of the George Foreman grill around here. Somehow long ago his grilled cheese became a "hot, hot". The aquaphor we put on his face is "feel better." Daniel's toes are now his "piggies". The other night we were trying to cut his finger- and toe-nails which truly is a team effort. He really hates it and when we were trying to cut his toe-nails, he was crying and started saying "Nooooooo. Piggies." It would break. your. heart. Daniel's not too happy with the whole personal hygiene thing, except for tooth brushing and hand washing. He likes them, but hair cuts and nose wiping/blowing and nail-clipping, not so much.

OK, there's more I wanted to say, but it's late and time to go to bed. We've got a big day tomorrow. My baby's turning 2.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We usually cut Brennan's nails and toenails when he is sleeping. That usually works out pretty well. Once in a while, he will let me cut a few nails.

Well happy 2 year Daniel! Good luck on the firetruck cake. I am sure that it will come out great.

Oh what is the link for that blogettiquete article? It seems interesting.

Susie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home