Wednesday, June 29

Bedtime horrors.

Bedtime has become a nightmare around here. We are not sure what the deal is. Andrew wakes up about five minutes after he goes down. And he does this two or three times before he finally falls completely asleep. He does this for naps, too. I am so tired of rocking that child to sleep only to have him up and crying again several minutes later. It's either teething or something like reflux. I am so hoping that the pediatrician will have the secret decoder ring when we go for Andrew's 6 month check-up on Tuesday morning.

And Daniel. Daniel goes through his usual bedtime routine just fine. No protests. He gets in the crib. Door closes. Music on. Several minutes later, he starts crying and calling franticly, for J usually. It's like he gets almost to sleep and then something freaks him out. So J or I go back in and rock him a bit and talk to him. Then, back in the crib. Tonight, that was sufficient, but sometimes we have to do this a couple of times. He never used to be like this. Never. He was a piece of cake to put down for naps.

Ack. It's not like the rest of the night has been going smoothly either. A 20+ pound baby just doesn't need to be waking up twice a night to eat. Especially when he wasn't doing that a couple of months ago.

3 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Frances said...

Arrghh! I feel for you. If I remember rightly, my perfect angel of a daughter, who slept through the night (12 hours in a row) from 5 weeks old, started waking up around the 5-6 month old mark, every night, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Drove me insane! I think it must have been teething.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Christi said...

I don't really remember what TJ did at six months, but not too long ago he started doing that, and he's 2 1/2! I feel you with the whole kid frustration thing!

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, S wakes up 2-3 times per night as well. Always has and, I fear, always will. God help us! Heh. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home